Often a community association is created because a group of residents are rallying against something – crime, a new development, traffic issues – but the Dovercourt Park area isn’t facing any of that. So why start one?
Because our area will always need people to speak for it.
Community Associations have also been created to start things, like:
- social & recreational activities
- community events
- neighbourhood beautification projects
- community gardens
- farmer’s markets and art sales
- local improvements and clean-ups
- parks & playgrounds development
- improving communication on community projects
- other volunteer activities
I’m interested in helping start a Community Association in this area.